Ok, I quit is a strong phrase, maybe it should be I am making a change?
Regardless, it is time to make some changes in my life and the first is to cut out alcohol. And I’m making the change for a many and one reasons, and these are in no particular order:
- Health reasons – weight, sleep better, liver needs a break, etc.
- Cost – I drink good wine and expensive craft beer
- Habit forming – I didn’t like that I have started walking in and grabbing a beer.
- I want to do everything that I can to be here for as long as I can for my kids
- And I didn’t like who it was making me.
Now, for the record, I was not drinking to excess, but I was having more than I should. And I didn’t like the fact that it was making me sluggish and I wasn’t just having one in a sitting. So, it is time.
So today, instead of drinking 2 – 3 beers tonight, I’ll have 1. And then, I’ll goto 1 every other day. And just work it down. Does that mean that I will quit drinking beer and wine forever? No, I love to cook with both and I really do love the taste of a good glass of wine or a cold beer. But for today, today I need this. Today, I need to share with others and need to have someone that will help me stay focused on this and today, I quit. Today, I start a new day and a new direction with a new focus. And as a bonus, I should be able to pocket about $200 + a month that was being spent on alcohol and shift that to paying down debt faster too!
So better heath, saving money, being a better dad all just seem to make this decision such a no brainer.
Today, I QUIT!