I’ve stared looking at the year in review and all in all, it has been a good year. The family is healthy, spent a lot of time with friends and family.
So here are just a few of the highlights and they are not in any particular order.
- Both boys are doing great in school. In fact, both have been recognized for achievements in learning.
- Boy B was diagnosed with ADHD & has been doing great with both a combination of medication and also additional services to help him learn to cope with this.
- We celebrated the life of my Grandfather this October. My Grandfather meant the world to me and taught me so many valuable life lessons. You can read more here.
- We were able to meet our 1st financial goal that we set for the year and that was to pay off at least 2 major credit cards. 2 done and a few more to go. But, in all honesty, that was hard because we had an increase of medical bills due to my son’s therapy. Not complaining, but just a fact. But we are on pace to hopefully be in a better place in 2018.
- My wife was in a major car accident this summer. I will never forget the feeling of pulling up to the accident and seeing the damage to my wife’s van and feeling how blessed we were that she was still alive. Her guardian angel was definitely there for sure protecting her.
- We added a new addition to the family! Meiko aka The Meeks aka a great little puppy.
- I started doing DDP Yoga, which is something that I never thought that I would do or even more importantly that that, enjoy.
- Grateful that my family in Houston were spared any damage during Hurricane Harvey.
- Cooked a whole lot and really started to broaden my horizon with cooking and taking some serious leaps with that. I also added grill number 4 to the deck. Which gives me 4 Grills and a smoker.
- The boys just started martial arts and love it. And Boy A is starting to play basketball at the Recreation Department.
- Work is, well work. Nothing really good or bad to say.
- My wife’s job has changed a bit as well, so there has been an adjustment period there for us too.
- My two favorite teams won championships, UNC Basketball and the Houston Astros.
All in all, life is good. We had our ups and our downs in 2017 but made a lot of great memories too.
And 2018 already has some bright spots. My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary and will be renewing our vows, with our kids there. And if all goes well, we should be able to really knock out a lot of debt in the front half of the year and being on our way to being debt free. And we already have at least 2 trips planned for the year as well, with many more to go.
So, from my family to yours, enjoy the moments and have a Safe and Happy New Year.